Consistency Is Key to Avoiding Dental Problems
Many of the most common and damaging oral health issues we treat can easily be prevented through several simple steps. At Forrester Dental, we encourage each of our patients to brush thoroughly and floss often, as this simple combination can prevent cavities, enamel breakdown, and gum disease.
However, even the best self-care cannot replace the importance of regular professional teeth cleanings. It is generally accepted that adults should visit their dentist once every six months to have their teeth and mouth properly cleaned and examined.
Why It Matters
Regular exams allow a professional to examine your teeth and give personalized input on how you can take better care of your oral health.
Forrester Dental provides a wide variety of maintenance services such as:
- Regular checkups – Catch any signs of decay early, remove plaque buildup, and teach the best self-care methods.
- Fluoride treatments – Make teeth stronger and more resistant to wear from bacteria, acid, or sugars that are ingested.
- Sealants – Coat the top of teeth that are at the highest risk of developing cavities in order to prevent debris from getting stuck on their surfaces.
- Gum treatments – Fight gum disease and promote good oral health.
- Oral cancer screenings – Early diagnosis leads to more effective treatment.
Making Time for Preventative Dental Care
Finding the time to visit a Yalesville dentist when you aren’t facing a pressing oral issue might not seem important. In fact, it’s often one of the first things to slip through the scheduling cracks. However, the vast majority of dental problems can be avoided by placing a priority on oral health and staying committed to your twice-annual teeth cleanings.