Ready to Meet Your Dental Needs When Disaster Strikes
At Forrester Dental, we do everything we can to provide fast and effective dental services to patients experiencing dental emergencies in Yalesville. We have time built into our daily schedule so that we can shift and accommodate unforeseen circumstances. If you believe that you may be experiencing a dental emergency, we ask you to explain your situation and current condition so that we can fit you in immediately, if that’s what is best for you.
How to Respond to an Emergency
It is important to know how to react when an oral emergency occurs since the first few minutes following the injury can determine whether or not the tooth can be saved.
Staying levelheaded and acting quickly can:
- Allow knocked out teeth to be reinserted – Rinse the tooth in milk or saliva and gently insert it back into its socket for the drive to an emergency dentist in Yalesville.
- Enable teeth that have been chipped or cracked to be restored – Rinse mouth with warm water and use an ice pack to reduce swelling. Then, head to the dentist as soon as possible.
- Relieve pain in patients suffering from intense toothaches – Clean mouth with warm water and use an ice pack to reduce swelling. If pain persists, visit the dentist as soon as possible.
- Limit damage from abscesses – These painful infections can form between the teeth and the gums, or on the roots of a tooth, and can spread infection and damage tissue if left untreated. Rinse with salt water to help with the pain and make sure to get to the dentist as soon as possible.
- Help your bitten lip, tongue, or cheek heal properly – Clean the wound with warm salt water and apply pressure to limit the bleeding. It is essential you head straight to the dentist, especially if bleeding persists after 15 minutes.
Giving Our Patients Peace of Mind
Dental emergencies don’t only happen during business hours. Whether it’s early morning or the middle of the night, a knocked out tooth or an agonizing toothache, knowing what to do immediately following oral trauma can help to avoid permanent consequences. In addition to knowing how to preserve a damaged tooth, it is important to know that you always have a trusted and experienced Yalesville emergency dentist within reach.